PLEASE NOTE: ESI’s in-person programs, including our adult day center Project Independence, are on hold for now due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Elderly Services is committed to providing superior quality care to individuals with dementia, and to their families. Our mission statement declares that ESI will offer services to enable elders to remain in their homes and avoid nursing home placement. It is also our mission to promote respect, dignity, and quality of life for elders with cognitive or physical impairment.
Within our Project Independence adult day care center, Elderly Services offers the Dementia Care Program. Individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease or other types of confusion/memory loss are welcomed in early, middle, or late stages of cognitive impairment. To address the special needs of this population, our Dementia Care Program offers:
- One-to-one supervision as needed
- Individualized activities geared to the person’s interests and abilities
- Activities designed to calm and reassure
- Small group activities designed for individuals with dementia
- Close communication with family or caregiver
- Respectful, gentle management of anxiety
- Indoor circular walking routes
- Supervised integration with other adult day care members to promote socialization, relationships, and enjoyment of shared interests
- Educational materials for families and caregivers and twice-monthly Caregiver Support Group
- Professional nursing and aide services with special trainings in dementia care