Founded in 1981, Elderly Services’ original purpose was to offer elders and their families an adult day care center to help delay or prevent nursing home placement. Decades later, our award-winning adult day center — Project Independence — continues as our flagship program. We have added a wonderful array of services in pursuit of our mission: To provide creative, high-quality programs to help elders live safe and satisfying lives in their own homes and communities.
We are happy to offer you and your family:
- Project Independence Adult Day Center
- Eldercare counseling
- Eldercare information and consultation for family members
- Geriatric needs evaluation
- Geriatric mental health counseling
- Long-distance caregiving — out-of-state resources
- ESI College, our lifelong learning program with educational courses for independent adults 60 and over
- Family caregiver support groups
- Aging education programs
- Volunteer opportunities
Certification and memberships:
- Certified Adult Day Center, Vermont Department of Aging and Independent Living
- Contract Adult Day Health Center, U.S. Veterans Administration.
- National Council on Aging
- National Adult Day Services Association
- Aging Life Care Association
- Vermont Association of Adult Day Services
- Addison County Chamber of Commerce
- 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
For more than three decades, Elderly Services has been dedicated to promoting high quality of life for elders and to supporting elders in their efforts to live in their own homes despite frailty, chronic illness or disability.